Sunday, December 12, 2010

Talula's Table Menu

On the second day of Christmas blogging... my friend sent to me the Talula's Table dinner menu for the meal I will be having in several weeks, complete with wine suggestions. 

This season, I remember to count my many blessings, high among them the number of amazing people I've been proud to name my friends over the years.  I'm doubly fortunate to have friends who share my penchant for great food and who, perhaps most importantly here, are willing to secure Talula's reservations 12 months ahead of time.  Never have I been so excited about a meal since I spent months of mornings trying to call French Laundry to score a reservation (it didn't work). 

In any case, highlights of the menu include Gold Potato Blini, Cold Smoked Sustainable Salmon, Caviar, and Crème Fraiche; Goose Confit, Sticky Date Pudding, Foie Gras, Pomegranate Syrup, and Walnut Crème; and Crochette (little Italian Donuts).  Plus five or so other courses.  Likely a finely wrapped present, the menu is pretty great in and of itself.  For the record, however, I will likely still manage to make it to the actual meal.

Talula's Table is located at 102 West State Street, Kennett Square, Pa, www.talulastable.com.

No comments: