Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pear Martinis

On the fifth day of Christmas blogging... my colleague made for me a pear martini. In this season of holiday parties, it's always nice to mingle with work friends outside of work, and even nicer when cool new drinks like this one are involved (not to mention the delicious wine, champagne and food that followed). This concoction that kicked off the evening stealthily involved one of my new favorite liqueurs -- ginger liqueur. While I've mostly enjoyed it with champagne, apparently it provides a nice unexpected addition to the pear martini as well. Although I didn't sleuth out actual proportions, I did learn that the drink is made with pear vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon juice and simple syrup, with a slice of pear. Slightly sweet without being cloying, with a subtle kick. A great holiday drink.

No comments: